- Childcare & Foster care
Childcare & Foster Care
- Why are some facilities closed and others open?
- Am I required to close my facility?
- Should I be screening new children and new staff?
- Is it OK to suspend the practice of children serving themselves at meals?
- If I am temporarily closing my licensed facility, do I need to notify anyone?
- My license is going to expire soon. Can I renew my license?
- Is there a grace period if I’m temporarily closed or for some other reason can’t submit my renewal paperwork?
- What if my temporary permit is expiring and I’ve not had an initial licensing survey?
- I am having trouble getting basic essential items needed to safely care for children (e.g. food, baby formula, toilet paper, cleaning products, wipes). Are there resources to help?
- Our facility is located in a school that is closed. Can we continue to operate?
- Can a facility licensed to operate in a school building be granted an exception to operate at an alternate location?
- Are we limited to caring for children of essential workers? How do we determine who is essential? May I continue to care for children of anyone who wants care?
- Directrices provisionales para los centros de cuidado de niños con licencia del Departamento de Salud y Medio Ambiente de Kansas
- Guía provisional para los centros y agencias de colocación de menores autorizadas por la División de Revisión de Antecedentes y Autorización de C
- Opciones para las Familias de Kansas que Necesiten Cuidado Infantil (PDF) - 4-14-20
- Preguntas Frecuentes para Instalaciones de Cuidado Infantil con Licencia del KDHE (PDF) - 3-10-21