- Feature Links
- How to Protect Yourself & Others
How to Protect Yourself & Others
Stop the Spread, Kansas
Reduce Your Risk
The best way to prevent COVID-19 is to avoid being exposed to the virus. Take the following steps to minimize your risk:
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Distance yourself from others when in public, especially if you are a senior or have a medical condition that puts you in a high-risk category.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth mask when in public. Learn more about children and masks. Governor Kelly signed an Executive Order mandating mask use beginning July 3.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow or tissue. Throw the used tissue away and immediately wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily -- including phones, keyboards, doorknobs, handles and light switches – with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
Secretary Lee Norman, M.D. discusses masks.
Executive Order Requiring Masks
Governor Kelly signed an Executive Order mandating mask use beginning July 3.
County Reopen Plans
Review your county’s reopening plans, as reported to the Kansas Division of Emergency Management. Questions? Contact the County Health Officer at your county health department.