- What to do if you think you're sick
What to do if You Think You're Sick
In addition to the resources on this page, take a look at the following:
For people with medical conditions and older adults
Older adults and people of any age with medical conditions like lung disease, heart disease, or diabetes are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 and should seek care as soon as symptoms start.
Stay home except to get medical care.
People who are mildly ill are able to isolate at home. Rest, stay hydrated and monitor your symptoms carefully. If your symptoms get worse, seek medical care. Call before you go to prevent others from being exposed.
Separate yourself from other people in your home.
Stay in a specific room away from others and use a separate bathroom if you can. Do not share personal household items. Wear a mask and maintain 6ft. distance if you need to interact with others. KDHE recommends wearing a mask that fits snuggly around the nose, mouth and chin and has multiple layers of fabric. Alternatively, a thinner disposable mask may be worn underneath a cloth face mask to improve the fit.
In the Self-Checker tab, use the CDC's Clara the Coronavirus Self-Checker tool to help you identify your symptoms.
Wash your hands often & avoid touching your face.
Wash frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, and before eating or preparing food.If soap and water aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your face.
Designate someone to clean high-touch surfaces every day.
Clean counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, phones, keyboards and bedside tables. Use diluted bleach solutions (4 teaspoons per quart of water), alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol or most common EPA-registered household disinfectants.
- ¿Necesito Buscar Atención Medica? Coronavirus Self-Checker Ahora Disponible (PDF) 3-31-20
- Cold vs. Flu vs. Allergies vs. Coronavirus Adult (PDF) - 9-22-20
- Comparacion entre COVID-19 RESFRIADO GRIPE y ALERGIAS en Los Adultos (PDF) - 9-22-20
- Cold vs. Flu vs. Allergies vs. Coronavirus Children (PDF) - 9-22-20
- Comparacion entre COVID-19 RESFRIADO GRIPE y ALERGIAS en Los Ninos (PDF) - 9-22-20
- Do I Need To Seek Medical Attention (PDF) - 3-27-20
Kit de herramientas
- Cleaning Recommendations for Facilities Housing Persons Under Quarantine for COVID-19 (PDF) - 5-28-21
- COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection Guidance-Non-Healthcare Settings PDF) - 5-11-2021
- EPA's Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the Cause of COVID-19 (PDF)
- Healthcare_Facilities_Cleaning_Guide 05-14-20
- How to Manage Solid Waste Generated in the Home While Caring for a Person with COVID-19 (PDF) - 4-20-20