Travel & Exposure Related Isolation / Quarantine
Those who have traveled to the following locations need to quarantine upon arrival in Kansas. The length of quarantine varies depending on whether you have been tested for COVID-19. This applies to both Kansas residents and those visiting Kansas:
- Traveled on or after May 6 to the Colorado counties of: Adams, Arapahoe, Archuleta, Bent, Chaffee, Conejos, Crowley, City and County of Denver, Douglas, Elbert, El Paso, Fremont, Huerfano, Jefferson, Lake, Larimer, Park, Phillips, Pueblo, Rio Blanco, San Juan, Teller and Weld.
- Traveled on or after May 6 to the countries of Cabo Verde, India, Maldives and Seychelles.
- Traveled on or after April 22 to Minnesota or the countries of Argentina, Bahrain, Croatia, Cyprus, Sweden and Turkey.
- Traveled on or after April 8 to Pennsylvania or the country of Uruguay.
- Traveled on or after March 26 to Delaware, Michigan or Rhode Island.
- Traveled on or after March 12 to the country of State of Palestine.
- Traveled between April 22 and May 6 to Aruba or France.
- Traveled between April 8 and May 6 to Andorra, Bermuda, Curacao, Poland or Serbia.
- Traveled between March 26 and May 6 to Hungary.
- Traveled between March 12 and May 6 to New Jersey or New York.
- Attendance at any out-of-state mass gatherings of 500 or more where individuals do not socially distance (6 feet) and wear a mask.
- Been on a cruise ship or river cruise on or after March 15, 2020
- Others needing to continue quarantining:
- Received notification from public health officials (state or local) that you are a close contact of a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19.
The travel list was updated on May 10, 2021. View the KDHE news release.
How Often is the Travel List Updated? How are the Locations Determined?
The travel list will be updated/reviewed in approximately two weeks. How do we determine the states that are listed on the travel quarantine list? We use a formula to evaluate new cases in states over a two-week period, then adjust for population size to provide a case rate per 100,000 population. This provides a number that can then be compared to the rate in Kansas. States with significantly higher rates -- approximately 3x higher -- are added to the list. Learn more.
- I have traveled recently. How do I know if a travel-related quarantine is required?
- How does KDHE determine which countries or states within the US are part of the list of areas for travel-related quarantine?
- Where is the list maintained and how often is it updated?
- What should I do if I am in quarantine for travel-related exposures?
- Aislamiento y cuarentena Preguntas frecuentes Índice (PDF) 7-28-20
- CDC Reducción de los Períodos de Cuarentena por el COVID-19 (PDF) - 3-19-21
- INSTRUCCIONES Mientras espera los resultados de la prueba o si da positivo en la prueba de COVID-19
- Que Hacer si da Positivo en la Prueba de COVID-19 (PDF) - 12-3-20
- Registro Diario de Monitoreo Medico (PDF) - 4-10-20
- Shortened Quarantine Period - Espanol - 12-8-20