Travel & Exposure Related Isolation / Quarantine
Those who are unvaccinated and have traveled to the following locations need to quarantine upon arrival in Kansas. This applies to both residents and visitors:
- Traveled on or after Nov. 4 to Slovenia.
- Traveled on or after Nov. 18 to Austria, Cayman Islands and Gibraltar.
- Traveled on or after Dec. 2 to Belgium, Czechia, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Netherlands and Slovakia.
- Traveled between Oct. 22 and Dec. 2 to Barbados and Georgia.
- Traveled between Nov. 4 and Dec. 2 to Faroe Islands.
- Traveled between Nov. 18 and Dec. 2 to Croatia.
- Attendance at any out-of-state or in-state mass gatherings of 500 or more where individuals do not socially distance (6 feet) and wear a mask.
- Been on a cruise ship or river cruise on or after March 15, 2020.
Others needing to continue quarantining:
- Received notification from public health officials (state or local) that you are a close contact of a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19.
The length of quarantine varies from 7 to 10 days depending on whether you have been tested for COVID-19.
Those who are fully vaccinated not required to quarantine if they meet the criteria outlined.
The travel list was reviewed and updated on December 2, 2021.
How Often is the Travel List Updated? How are the Locations Determined?
The travel list will be updated/reviewed in approximately two weeks. How do we determine the states that are listed on the travel quarantine list? We use a formula to evaluate new cases in states over a two-week period, then adjust for population size to provide a case rate per 100,000 population. This provides a number that can then be compared to the rate in Kansas. States with significantly higher rates -- approximately 3x higher -- are added to the list. Learn more.
- I have traveled recently. How do I know if a travel-related quarantine is required?
- How does KDHE determine which countries or states within the US are part of the list of areas for travel-related quarantine?
- Where is the list maintained and how often is it updated?
- What should I do if I am in quarantine for travel-related exposures?
- Aislamiento y cuarentena Preguntas frecuentes Índice (PDF) 7-28-20
- CDC Reducción de los Períodos de Cuarentena por el COVID-19 (PDF) - 3-19-21
- INSTRUCCIONES Mientras espera los resultados de la prueba o si da positivo en la prueba de COVID-19
- Que Hacer si da Positivo en la Prueba de COVID-19 (PDF) - 12-3-20
- Registro Diario de Monitoreo Medico (PDF) - 4-10-20
- Shortened Quarantine Period - Espanol - 12-8-20