Travel & Exposure Related Isolation / Quarantine
JThose who have traveled to the following locations need to quarantine upon arrival in Kansas. The length of quarantine varies depending on whether you have been tested for COVID-19. This applies to both Kansas residents and those visiting Kansas:
- Traveled on or after June 3 to Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Suriname or Trinidad and Tobago.
- Traveled on or after May 20 to the countries of Costa Rica or French Guiana.
- Traveled on or after May 6 to the countries of India, Maldives or Seychelles.
- Traveled on or after April 22 to the countries of Argentina or Bahrain.
- Traveled on or after April 8 to the country of Uruguay.
- Traveled between May 20 and June 3 to the countries of Georgia, Lithuania or the Netherlands.
- Traveled between May 20 and June 3 to Maine or the Colorado counties of Alamosa, Baca, Costilla, Dolores, Mesa, Mineral, Otero, Prowers, Rio Grande, Saguache, Sedgwick or Yuma.
- Traveled between May 6 and June 3 to the Colorado counties of Adams, Arapahoe, Archuleta, Conejos, Crowley, Douglas, El Paso, Elbert, Fremont, Huerfano, Jefferson, Larimer or Pueblo.
- Traveled between May 6 and June 3 to Cabo Verde.
- Traveled between April 22 and June 3 to Minnesota or Sweden.
- Attendance at any out-of-state mass gatherings of 500 or more where individuals do not socially distance (6 feet) and wear a mask.
- Been on a cruise ship or river cruise on or after March 15, 2020
- Others needing to continue quarantining:
- Received notification from public health officials (state or local) that you are a close contact of a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19.
The travel list was updated on June 3, 2021. View the KDHE news release.
How Often is the Travel List Updated? How are the Locations Determined?
The travel list will be updated/reviewed in approximately two weeks. How do we determine the states that are listed on the travel quarantine list? We use a formula to evaluate new cases in states over a two-week period, then adjust for population size to provide a case rate per 100,000 population. This provides a number that can then be compared to the rate in Kansas. States with significantly higher rates -- approximately 3x higher -- are added to the list. Learn more.
- I have traveled recently. How do I know if a travel-related quarantine is required?
- How does KDHE determine which countries or states within the US are part of the list of areas for travel-related quarantine?
- Where is the list maintained and how often is it updated?
- What should I do if I am in quarantine for travel-related exposures?
- Aislamiento y cuarentena Preguntas frecuentes Índice (PDF) 7-28-20
- CDC Reducción de los Períodos de Cuarentena por el COVID-19 (PDF) - 3-19-21
- INSTRUCCIONES Mientras espera los resultados de la prueba o si da positivo en la prueba de COVID-19
- Que Hacer si da Positivo en la Prueba de COVID-19 (PDF) - 12-3-20
- Registro Diario de Monitoreo Medico (PDF) - 4-10-20
- Shortened Quarantine Period - Espanol - 12-8-20